Sunday, October 10, 2010

Two of my favorite people

I've been beyond fortunate to have some absolutely amazing people come into my life. My in-laws are no exception. I can, without a doubt, say I have the best in-laws in the world. From the first time I met them, I knew I wanted to be a part of the family.

Fred and Linda live their life in an exceptional way and have shaped the way we want to live ours. Not only are they philanthropic, thoughtful, insightful, funny, and encouraging, but they are the two most active people either one of us know. On a daily basis, they either walk, go canoeing, play tennis, ski, bike, or hike (and I'm sure I'm leaving something out). Being active is truly a part of who they are and it's obvious how much they enjoy it. In September, Fred hiked a 14,000 feet mountain with two other good friends, and Linda played in a competitive tennis tournament. Just last week, while we were in Vegas, we were due to meet everyone for breakfast at 11. Fred and Linda didn't realize we were a few feet behind them. We watched as they took the stairs and we took we the escalators. It's inspiring and very motivating to see them in action. Adam has never known them to be any different. For me, it's huge. I grew up in a small town with a family (immediate and extended) where exercise wasn't a part of our daily, or even monthly, routine. When Adam and I start a family, it's important to both of us to have a healthy and active family and it's largely due to the values and examples Fred and Linda show us.

Today, they are celebrating their 35th wedding anniversary. They have reached such an important milestone by showing such love and respect for each other. They are a true team (you'll see them laughing together, listening to each other, and helping each other). It's incredible to be able to witness that type of partnership.

Happy Anniversary, Fred and Linda! Thanks for all of your love and support. We are so grateful to have both of you in our lives. Our lives are better because you two are a part of it.

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet post you wrote! Happy Anniversary to Fred and Linda!

    ReplyDelete